Take Charge of Your Physical and Emotional Wellbeing
Women’s Health has become a hot topic in 21st century culture. When you hear that term you probably think first of the kind of healthcare you would receive at a women’s clinic or your OB-Gyn physician’s office. Unfortunately the controversies over such things as contraception, abortion, and insurance coverage have obscured what women’s health is really all about.
A healthy woman is so much more than her reproductive organs!
Dr Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health will help women feel as though they are talking to a trusted friend, who is also an OB-Gyn physician. This guide offers medical science, the author’s practical experience, and a faith perspective to the spectrum of physical and mental health issues women face throughout the various stages of their lives.
- Hormones, infertility, and pregnancy
- Women’s mental health (such as depression, anxiety, and stress)
- Diseases that especially affect women
- Lifestyle and disease prevention
- Interacting with doctors and today’s healthcare system
- Information for moms to teach adolescent girls
- Much more!
Copyright: Dr Carol Peters-Tanksley, 2016, Charisma House Publishers
Table of Contents
- What is a Healthy Woman?
Section 1: Reproductive Health
- What’s Normal and What’s Not
- When it’s NOT Normal, Part 1: Pain
- When it’s NOT Normal, Part 2: Bleeding
- Planning For and Having a Healthy Pregnancy
- All About Infertility
- What To Do About Menopause
Section 2: Long-term Health
- Eat To Live
- Managing Your Weight
- Cancer Prevention for Women
- Diseases Older Women Face
- Staying Younger Longer
Section 3: You and Your Doctor
- Seeing and Talking With Your Doctor
- Do You Really Need That Test?
- Navigating Today’s Healthcare System
- Evaluating and Using Supplements
Section 4: Mental/Emotional Health
- Your Mind Or Your Body?
- A Woman’s Troubled Mind
- When Hormones Cause Mental Problems
- Connect With Your Husband Sexually
- Managing Stress Well
- Spirituality and Health
- It’s Never Too Late
What Others are Saying
Dr. Carol’s Guide fulfills an unmet need in the area of Women’s Health. In a very reader friendly style, the author combines medical science with her practical and personal experience through a Jesus Christ faith based perspective. Dr. Carol’s medical and ministry background gives her an extensive foundation from which to approach this subject. I enthusiastically endorse this book since it uniquely deals in a Christ centered approach with difficult physical and mental/emotional health issues women face throughout the various stages of their lives. It will be a tremendous resource in Women’s Health literature. I encourage the reader to go on this journey with Dr. Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health.
— Donald R. Tredway, MD, PhD, Former Chairman of the Department Obstetrics & Gynecology and University of Oklahoma Tulsa Medical College; retired VP of Clinical Development Unit, Metabolic & Reproductive Endocrinology, EMD Serono (Merck KGA)
Dr. Carol combines her expertise as a medical doctor and her strong Christian faith to provide wise counsel for total wholeness for women in body, soul, and spirit. A book my wife wishes she had years ago! This is a valuable guide for husbands as well in understanding their wives’ spiritual, emotional, and physical needs, feelings, and whole person health care.
— Dr Paul King, D.Min, D.Th., former professor Oral Roberts University, Interdenominational International Speaker & Seminar Teacher