Small changes in direction may make a huge difference in your destination. You know that. But it’s easy to fall into a routine and end up some place you would rather not be.
So many areas in life follow this principle. Here are some areas where small actions now may make a huge difference down the road:
- Invest a dollar a day in a savings account
- Read a few pages a day in a new area of interest
- Say “I love you” to your spouse every morning and evening
- Turn off the TV for one evening every week and talk together
- Walk 15 minutes at lunch time every day
- Plant a tree every year
- Read 5 verses of Scripture first thing every morning
- Say “I’m sorry” before a relationship wound begins to fester
- Get regular maintenance on your vehicle
- Show up to work on time
- Donate lightly-used clothing to charity
- Balance your electronic checkbook regularly
- Schedule a regular date night with your spouse
- Read Bible stories to your children
- Clean out your refrigerator, and your garage
- Change from processed food to more natural foods
- Make a written list of goals every year
- Finish what you said you would do
- Get to know your neighbors
- Meet with a few friends each month who hold you accountable
- Learn to manage stress better
- Schedule a personal time each week with your child
- Pray together daily with your spouse
- Practice positive thought habits
- Do one thing nice for someone else every day
Some of these things you may be doing already. Others items you may want to incorporate as new habits.
Look at your daily routine. Paying attention to the small things now will make a difference in your future.
Your turn: What are some small things you do regularly that you hope will pay off in the future? What changes in your daily routine would you like to make? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Tweetables: Why not share this post?!
- 25 small things that will make a difference in your future. Tweet This.
- Look at your daily routine. Paying attention to small things now will make a difference later. Tweet This.
Do you want to live FULLY ALIVE?
There are simple steps you can take EVERY DAY that will propel you forward in experiencing the kind of life you want, and that God wants for you physically, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually.
Get your FREE Resource Guide now: 7 Keys to Living Fully Alive – from the Inside Out.