Brianna sat down to chat yesterday. Her second child is nine months old, and she and her husband are planning to try for a third within the next few months. They returned from a trip to France just a matter of days ago, and she couldn’t get enough of the good food there. She’s also trying to complete some extra coursework/certifications to further her nursing career. She knows she needs to make some changes in her lifestyle. “But not right now,” she said. “Perhaps in a couple years, when things settle down, I’ll work on changing my diet and getting healthier.”
I’ve got some news for Brianna. Things will never settle down enough to make it “easy” to get healthier. If she has a third child there will be that many more clothes to wash, doctor’s appointments to keep up with, and daycare or school decisions to make. More career opportunities will only add to potential responsibilities and their attendant stresses. More money could mean even more travel, more interesting restaurants to visit, and more reasons to delay making healthy lifestyle changes.
If you’re waiting until circumstances “settle down,” you’ll never start that exercise program, change your eating habits, have that difficult conversation, launch that business idea, make date night a regular appointment, or study the Bible more. You will only do the truly important things if you find a reason that’s bigger than your current circumstances.
You’ll only make a change when you find your WHY.
Once you do find your WHY, you can do almost anything:
- Quit smoking. (My husband did so after smoking for at least 45 years!)
- Forgive someone who hurt you.
- Begin a new career.
- Launch your new business idea.
- Overcome an addiction.
- Change your eating habits.
- Regain mental clarity and positivity.
- Get out of a “church rut” and enjoy joyful spirituality.
Where I Would Love to Help
Sometimes you need help to find your WHY. And once you find your WHY, you can get there much more quickly with some expert help to outline the steps you need to take.
That’s where I’d like to help. I’m putting together some coaching packages and other materials that will help people just like you:
- Assess where you are right now in the areas of physical health, mental/emotional health, relational health, and spiritual health.
- Clarify your WHY as you take steps to improved wellbeing.
- Outline a Prescription for Success – clear and doable steps to align your current actions with your WHY.
Now here’s where YOU can help ME.
I need your help to target these packages and materials to the specific areas you, my wonderful readers, will find most valuable.
In the comment section below, I’d be grateful if you would answer these 2 questions:
- Do you know your WHY? If so, what is it?
- Name what you see as your biggest obstacle in reaching that goal.
I’ll read and respond to every comment. I look forward to hearing from you!
And I’ll use your comments to craft these materials in ways that will help YOU reach your WHY.
[reminder comment=”Click here to leave your answer.”]What’s your WHY? What’s the biggest obstacle you face in reaching that goal?[/reminder]
Tweetables: why not share this post?
- You won’t make any successful lifestyle change until you find your WHY. Tweet that.