I would like to welcome you to 2014!
The beginning of a new year has been likened to opening a blank page in a book, turning over a new leaf, or wiping the slate clean and starting over. Many people make New Year’s resolutions, hoping to improve themselves in the coming year. Polls are taken on whether people like you think the coming year will be better or worse than last year.
But perhaps the analogy I like the best is comparing a new year to a newborn baby. You might guess I would like that one: as an OB-Gyn doctor, I frequently get to be the one who helps a new baby enter the world. It’s a precious moment to hold that newborn baby and present him or her to the wide-eyed parents. There’s nothing that grabs your heart quite like a baby.
From time to time I wonder what kind of life that newborn baby will grow up to have.
But there is Someone who does know what kind of life that newborn baby will have, and what future YOU will have.
Some resources and Scriptures about looking to the future:
- Dr Carol’s post: 10 Things to Leave Behind in 2014
- One of the best resources on goal-setting: The Beginners Guide to Goal Setting
- “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
- “Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 2:13,14
Your turn: What is your “emotional temperature” as you look forward to the new year? What changes do you plan to make this year? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Tweetables: Why not share this post?!
- 2014 and a new baby: God’s opinion that the world should go on! Tweet This.
Do you want to live FULLY ALIVE?
There are simple steps you can take EVERY DAY that will propel you forward in experiencing the kind of life you want, and that God wants for you physically, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually.
Get your FREE Resource Guide now: 7 Keys to Living Fully Alive – from the Inside Out.