How often do you sigh, “I’m just so tired!” And when your soul is tired, it can feel the worst.
In the 21st century there are so many things that can wear us out. An unhealthy lifestyle, lack of sleep, digital overload, complicated relationships, and stress of all kinds is enough to make any one of us exhausted.
But perhaps the most paralyzing of all is exhaustion of the soul. All the other stresses of life can certainly make your body and mind vulnerable, but soul fatigue leaves you barely existing rather than living. Your soul is tired.
Haven’t you felt, like I have, times when you’re just weary of life? The demands on you seem too great, and you don’t seem to have what it takes to move forward. You wake up in the morning tired, and it just gets worse from there.
I had a friend tell me not that long ago, “I wish I could just run away from everything!”
On the most recent Dr Carol Show Dr Carol and Al talk about the many reasons for tiredness, including lifestyle factors, mental/emotional pressures, stress, and soul/spiritual fatigue. Dr Carol shares eight specific things you can do if you’re frequently tired. We talk with a caller who found ways to deal with fatigue as a woman balancing career and motherhood, and another caller who has found significant recovery from depression and its accompanying fatigue.
Here are some resources and Scriptures we mention on the February 8 program:
- Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
- Psalm 4:8 “I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.”
- Psalm 127:2 “It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows; for so He gives his beloved sleep.”
- 48 Days – if you need or want to get out of a dead-end draining JOB, here are resources to find or create the work you love.
- Dr Carol’s post: 8 Things To Do When You’re Tired
- JuicePlus+ – whole-food based nutrition to meet the needs of your body’s tired cells.
Your turn: What is wearing YOU out? What do you do to find refreshment? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
- Is it your SOUL that’s tired? Here’s the answer: Tweet This.
Did you enjoy this article? Interested in more to help you live FULLY ALIVE?
Get your FREE Resource Guide: 7 Keys to Living Fully Alive – from the Inside Out.