I have a friend who dreads this time of year. Come each November 15, he wishes he could fast-forward to January 2. The stress, the rush, the shopping, the expectations – he hates it all. And most of all, he hates being lonely.
There are a number of reasons why you might not look forward to Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s. Holidays make our normal vulnerabilities even more apparent.
If that’s you, there’s one important thing you must do this holiday season. Watch this to find out:
Some of the Scriptures and resources we mention on the program:
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 “Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
- GriefShare: a caring group of people that will help you walk through the journey of grief, with special resources on Surviving the Holidays.
- Celebrate Recovery: a Christ-centered approach to overcoming hurts, habits, and hangups.
- Dr Carol’s post: 25 Good Things to Think About
- Dr Carol’s post: 18 Things to do when You’re Having a Bad Day
Your turn: Do you dread or look forward to the holidays? How are planning to deal with the extra stress during this season? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
- If you dread the holidays, it may be difficult. but CELEBRATE ANYWAY! Tweet This.
Did you enjoy this article? Interested in more to help you live FULLY ALIVE?
Get your FREE Resource Guide: 7 Keys to Living Fully Alive – from the Inside Out.