In a word, EVERYTHING is different!
How well I remember the Good Friday when everything changed for me. I had gone to church all my life, but something was terribly wrong. I knew a lot about God, but I didn’t know HIM. That night it all changed. It happened to be on a Good Friday when I met Jesus. Right then my spirit became alive, and everything else followed.
It took some time for God to “grow me up.” I had a lot of things to learn, and a lot of old stuff to get rid of. Life still happens.
But I’m different. I’m confident in the end of the story, and that God’s work in me and through me will be accomplished.
Paul said, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” (1 Cor 5:17). That’s the central message of the cross. We sometimes forget that becoming a new creation is still a process. But the only reason we have any hope at all of becoming new is because of Jesus.
Here are some things that are different because of what Jesus did on Good Friday:
- Evil has a shelf life. The devil and all his minions will not be around forever. Rev. 20:10
- Death, although still present, is not the ultimate enemy. Death will die too. 1 Cor. 15:54,55
- This good news will continue to spread until everyone has heard. Matt. 24:14
- Followers of Jesus comprise a Church that will not be defeated. Matt. 16:18
- Jesus’ presence through His Holy Spirit is present daily in our world and our lives. John 14:16-18
- This messed up world will one day be replaced by one that is new and glorious. Rev. 21:1
None of those things would be true if it wasn’t for Good Friday.
And here are a few things that are different in YOUR life because of what Jesus did on Good Friday:
- You can talk One-on-one with the God of the universe. Heb. 4:14-16
- Your past is no longer held against you. You can be forgiven. 1 John 1:9
- You don’t HAVE to sin any more. You are free to live differently. Rom. 7:6
- You have the Holy Spirit in you, making you alive in every way. Rom. 8:11
- You have a purpose to fulfill, a calling to accomplish. 2 Tim. 1:9
- You have power through the Holy Spirit to accomplish the purpose God has for you. Acts 1:8
- You can receive all the good things God has to offer His children. Matt. 7:11
- You have Christ in you to strengthen you for whatever you need. Phil. 4:13
- Your character becomes changed to be like that of Jesus. Gal. 5:22,23
- You have hope in the midst of troubles, knowing the end of the story. 2 Cor. 4:17
- You, personally, have a home in heaven forever. John 14:3
Yes, everything is different because of Good Friday. I’m different. The universe is different. The course of history is different.
And I hope YOU are different as well.
That’s something to celebrate this Easter!
Your Turn: What is different for YOU because of Good Friday/Easter? Leave a comment below.
- What’s different after Good Friday? Everything! Here’s a list. Tweet This.
Do you want to live FULLY ALIVE?
There are simple steps you can take EVERY DAY that will propel you forward in experiencing the kind of life you want, and that God wants for you physically, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually.
Get your FREE Resource Guide now: 7 Keys to Living Fully Alive – from the Inside Out.