Of course I believe what God said! He’s God, right?
But do you really? Do you really believe what you say you believe about God?
I’ve read the Bible many times, but I still remember a Bible story book I had a child. It told the story of Jesus calming the storm on the Sea of Galilee (Mark 4:35-41). Fearing for their lives, the disciples were valiantly trying to save themselves and the boat. They awoke Jesus, asleep in the boat, who then stood and spoke to the wind and waves. “Peace, be still!” And everything became quiet.
Right in the middle of the storm, Jesus questioned the disciples’ faith. In the words of the children’s book, He said to them, “Why were you afraid? Why were you afraid when I was with you?!”
We so easily become frustrated, angry, afraid, or discouraged by the circumstances around us, or the thoughts in our own mind. It’s so easy to say, “If Jesus were right here with me, I wouldn’t be …. (afraid, discouraged, etc).”
But He IS right there with you!
What would you do if you really believed that?
How would you spend your time? How would you spend your money? How would you treat other people? How would your attitudes change?
If you REALLY believe that God is always with you, would you:
- Get over your fear – of other people, or of anything else?>
- Get over your past?
- Let God deal with the people who dislike you, or try to harm you?
- Stop your destructive personal habits?
- Have the courage to help someone in need?
If you REALLY believe that Jesus is coming again soon, would you:
- More freely give of your time and resources to His Kingdom?
- Worry less about career, or material things, or money?
- Make things right between you and God?
- Spend time reading the Bible, or in prayer?
- Risk telling others about Him more often?
If you REALLY believe God has told you something about your purpose, would you:
- Invest the time and effort in learning the skills you may need?
- Refuse to believe the nay-sayers who try to stop you?
- Take the next step to actually DO what He has asked you to do?
- Give God permission to teach you what you need to know, and change you to be what He needs?
- Have the persistence and courage to keep going when things look dark?
Perhaps Jesus might say to you right now, “Why are you afraid? Why are you afraid when I am with you?!”
Your Turn: What would YOU do if you knew that what God told you was true? Leave a comment below.
Tweetables: Why not share this post?!
- What would you do if you KNEW what God told you was true? Tweet This.
Do you want to live FULLY ALIVE?
There are simple steps you can take EVERY DAY that will propel you forward in experiencing the kind of life you want, and that God wants for you physically, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually.
Get your FREE Resource Guide now: 7 Keys to Living Fully Alive – from the Inside Out.