In this world we all face bad stuff. Sometimes others wound you, and those scars are painful. But what can be even more painful is when you face the consequences of your own bad behavior, your “wrong choices.” How does God deal with you then?
I think we all face things like this:
- Over years of unhealthy living you became seriously overweight
- You’re struggling with infertility because of an STD you contracted during an unwise “hookup”
- After smoking for a long time you developed lung disease
- The credit card debt you racked up buying unnecessary “stuff” is making you physically ill
- You had an affair, and now your marriage is on life support
Sure, you could rationalize. Most of us do for a long time. And there are plenty of excuses you could come up with that would actually be quite true: