A very frustrated husband reached out to me: “My wife seems like a different person since she became menopausal. I’m having a very hard time with this. HELP!” He and some of his buddies at church are struggling with the changing sexual responsiveness they have noticed in their wives. Are these men doomed to remain frustrated and miserable?
A woman’s desires, needs, and sexual response are often affected by the hormonal changes of menopause. Each person – husband and wife – is responsible for their own behavior. I’ve talked to women about dealing with their hormonal changes here, but today I’m talking to husbands.
In this video I offer frustrated husbands some help:
- some insight into what almost all wives are likely experiencing at menopause
- one significant difference between men and women in the area of sexuality, and what they can do about it
- 3 suggestions for what husbands can do to improve intimacy during their wives’ menopausal transition
If you’ve noticed a change in your wife around the time of menopause, you’re not alone. But as her husband – the most important human being in her life – there are some things you can do to help.
Your Turn: Has intimacy changed around the menopause transition in your marriage? Leave a comment below.
Tweetables: why not share this post?
- 3 suggestions for a frustrated husband struggling with his wife’s menopause transition. Tweet that.
In this video I mention Dr Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health. Among other topics in the book, I talk about:
- What’s normal and what’s not in women’s health
- Handling the menopause transition wisely
- Preventing diseases older women face such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes
- Women’s hormones and mental health
- Maximizing intimacy in marriage
- A whole lot more
In addition you can find out more about Dr Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health right here.
Sexual intimacy is a challenge for many couples during menopause.
Dr. Carol’s Guide to Sex and Menopause will help you address challenges with arousal or pain, mental roadblocks, and relationship challenges many women experience during menopause.