Yesterday we celebrated Easter in remembrance of when Jesus rose from the dead, never to die again. The historical evidence for the resurrection is overwhelming. And what else but a Living Lord could have birthed the Church that neither hell nor mankind has been able to stop?!
Too often we lose sight of what Jesus’ resurrection means for us today. We celebrate with Easter lilies, a delightful church service, and perhaps a big family food event. And well we should!
But that was yesterday. Will we forget it all today? Will Easter revert to its usual place in the background of our lives until this time again next year?
For Peter, Paul, John, Mary, and the others who saw Jesus alive after His resurrection, nothing in their lives would ever be the same. As our pastor mentioned during the Easter service, it was as earthshattering an event to them as 9/11 was for us. Everything they did 24 hours a day from that moment on was based on the reality that Jesus was alive.
If we believe that Jesus died and rose again, how shall we then live? What will you do today that’s different because of Jesus’ resurrection? How will your relationships be different because of Easter? How does the fact that Jesus is alive affect your plans, your future, your life?
How, indeed, shall we then live? Here are a few questions to think about.
Because Jesus is alive, how will you:
- Care for your physical body?
- Choose what to buy at the grocery store?
- Face the person who did you wrong?
- Fill out your tax return?
- Think about those in trouble, such as your alcoholic brother, your niece who’s a single mom, or the runaway you don’t even know who’s caught up in sex trafficking?
- Respond when you hear about Christians who are severely persecuted today?
- Vote in the next election?
- Treat your colleagues, clients, or other work associates?
- Decide what books to read or TV programs to watch?
- Face your own mortality?
- Allow God to remove the shame of your past?
- Deal with, and let God deal with, areas of sin you still struggle with now?
- Think about tomorrow, both on this earth and for eternity?
- Face the pain of a loved one’s death?
- Invest and grow the material goods and personal skills God has blessed you with?
- Spend your time, money, and talents?
- Demonstrate your love to the people closest to you?
Yes, Jesus IS alive! As the angels said to the first visitors to the tomb on that first Easter morning, “He is not here; he has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where he lay.” (Matthew 28:6)
And because He lives, we can live also – physically, emotionally, relationally, spiritually. “… even so in Christ all shall be made alive.” (1 Corinthians 15:22)
So ask yourself today, How would I live today if I KNEW that Jesus is alive?
And then go live that way.
He is risen. He is risen indeed!
Your Turn: Would you live differently in any way if you were unshakably convinced that Jesus is alive? What’s stopping you? Leave a comment below.
Tweetables: why not share this post?
- Easter is not for only 1 day each year. Jesus’ resurrection makes a difference every day! Tweet that.
Do you want to live FULLY ALIVE?
There are simple steps you can take EVERY DAY that will propel you forward in experiencing the kind of life you want, and that God wants for you physically, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually.
Get your FREE Resource Guide now: 7 Keys to Living Fully Alive – from the Inside Out.