A very lonely wife reached out to me: “I have a great husband, but he doesn’t take care of me intimately. I just want him to want me!” Her husband is struggling with depression, but she feels her own needs are being seriously neglected. She doesn’t know how to deal with her frustration and emptiness.
Intimacy is a core need of both husbands and wives. But a lot more than physical intimacy – sex – is involved. There are at least Four Facets to Intimacy, and if any one of them are lacking a spouse can feel desperately lonely. The connection in your marriage won’t get better simply by wishing it to be so; you need to take some action.
But what happens when your spouse just doesn’t have the capacity – either temporarily or long-term – to create the kind of intimacy you want and need? Is there any way to get your needs met in a healthy way?
In this video I offer lonely wives some help:
- some insight into the role depression may be playing in Janice’s marriage
- 3 suggestions for what wives can do when their husbands are not meeting their needs for intimacy
- what a lonely wife CAN do to get her needs met
If you’re facing a lack of intimacy in your marriage, one of these resources may be helpful:
- Do you need some ideas on how to have a conversation with your spouse about sex? Get a FREE Conversation Guide now.
- Is pornography an issue in your marriage? Check out XXXChurch.com – help for both men and women, porn addicts and their spouses.
- Would you like an easy way to get spiritual nourishment daily? Check out Bible reading plans from YouVersion.
Your Turn: Is intimacy lacking in your marriage? What facet of intimacy do you miss the most? Leave a comment below.
Tweetables: why not share this post?
- 3 suggestions for a lonely wife whose depressed husband does not meet her needs. Tweet that.
Women’s health involves physical, relational, emotional, and spiritual aspects. Check out Dr Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health. Among other topics in the book, I talk about:
- What’s normal and what’s not in women’s health
- Practical ways to take charge of both your physical and emotional wellbeing
- Preventing diseases older women face such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes
- Women’s hormones and mental health
- Maximizing intimacy in marriage
- A whole lot more
You can find out more about Dr Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health right here.
Lack of Sex is one BIG factor in intimacy problems.
Get a FREE Conversation Guide that includes 10 Questions to Ask Your Spouse About Sex, and ideas about how to make the conversation successful.
Get your Conversation Guide now.