Dr. Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health
Have you ever felt like your health and your healthcare were dependent on someone else?
Well, it doesn’t have to be that way any longer!
You can take charge of your physical and emotional wellbeing!
And Dr. Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health can help you do exactly that.
Women’s Health has become a hot topic in 21st century culture. When you hear that term you probably think first of the kind of healthcare you would receive at a women’s clinic or your OB-Gyn physician’s office. Unfortunately the controversies over such things as contraception, abortion, and insurance coverage have obscured what women’s health is really all about.
A healthy woman is so much more than her reproductive organs!
Have you ever:
- Wondered whether your symptoms are “normal” or something serious?
- Struggled with a love-hate relationship with your hormones?
- Wanted to use as-natural-as-possible means to deal with your health issues, but didn’t know where to start?
- Felt overwhelmed at the confusing and expensive American healthcare system?
- Hated getting older – and wished for some ways to stay younger longer?
- Wished for a way to consistently bring your faith into the decisions you make about your reproductive health – minus the drama?
- Needed to lose weight, manage stress better, or re-connect with your husband?
Those are exactly the kind of questions Dr. Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health will help you with.
This book addresses the spectrum of both physical and mental/emotional health issues women face throughout the various stages of their lives by bringing together:
- medical science,
- my practical experience, and
- a faith perspective.
In over 20 years of practice as an OB-Gyn physician and now as a speaker, radio host, and ordained Christian minister, I’ve seen women just like you struggle with these issues.
But there’s so much you can do to get better. You can take charge of your physical and emotional wellbeing. You can take charge of your health, and your healthcare. And this book will help you do just that.
In Dr. Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health I talk about what’s normal and what’s not when it comes to women’s health. I talk about pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, pregnancy, contraception, infertility, menopause, and hormones. I also talk about preventing diseases of aging, staying younger longer, interacting with the healthcare system, supplements, and saving on your healthcare dollar. I talk about women’s mental health issues (including those related to hormonal problems), sex and sexuality, stress management, and healthy spirituality.
I’m so excited you’ve come here to check out Dr. Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health!
You can order the book from any of the fine retailers listed at the right, or wherever books are sold (including Wal-Mart and Target).
OR you can order from our website right here!
What this GUIDE will do for you
- understand the health issues affecting you as a woman (or the woman you care about) during the various stages of your life
- see where your lifestyle may be contributing to your feeling “sick and tired”
- take the steps you can on your own to improve your wellbeing in every area of your health
- understand the simple things you can do today that will prevent disease and disability in the future
- feel empowered to use today’s US healthcare system in the way that’s right for you and your family
- know what questions to ask your doctor when you need to see him/her
- comprehend the impact of your thoughts and emotions on your health, and know what to do to make them work FOR you rather than AGAINST you
- discover how you can use your stress in a positive way before it destroys your health
- understand the powerful impact of your spiritual life on your health as a whole
- distinguish between toxic spirituality and spirituality that maximizes the wellbeing Jesus came to bring you – in body, soul, and spirit
Why not share the love?
Let your friends know about Dr. Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health.
I just decided to take charge of my health – and my healthcare. You can too! Tweet that.
See your FREE chapter now from Dr Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health. Tweet that.
A healthy woman is so much more than her reproductive organs. Tweet that.
I’m Taking Charge of my Physical and Emotional Wellbeing with Dr Carol. Tweet that.
Or use the hashtag #DrCarolsGuide in your own tweet.
Share about Dr. Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health on your own Facebook page: Share on Facebook
You may want to share this 1-minute video about the book.
What Others Are Saying
“Dr. Carol’s Guide fulfills an unmet need in the area of Women’s Health. In a very reader friendly style, the author combines medical science with her practical and personal experience through a Jesus Christ faith based perspective. Dr. Carol’s medical and ministry background gives her an extensive foundation from which to approach this subject. I enthusiastically endorse this book since it uniquely deals in a Christ centered approach with difficult physical and mental/emotional health issues women face throughout the various stages of their lives. It will be a tremendous resource in Women’s Health literature. I encourage the reader to go on this journey with Dr. Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health.”
–Donald R. Tredway, MD, PhD, Former Chairman of the Department Obstetrics & Gynecology and University of Oklahoma Tulsa Medical College; retired VP of Clinical Development Unit, Metabolic & Reproductive Endocrinology, EMD Serono (Merck KGA)
See the sidebar for other quotes about Dr. Carol’s Guide to Women’s Health.
About the Author
Carol Peters-Tanksley, MD, DMin (known to many simply as Dr. Carol) is an ob-gyn, ordained Christian minister, and media personality.
She has practiced medicine for over twenty years and is board certified in obstetrics-gynecology and reproductive endocrinology. With medical licenses in Texas, California, and Minnesota, she currently practices part time so as to devote more time to her writing, media production, and ministry. Throughout her career she has also regularly been involved in training medical students and ob-gyn resident physicians.
Dr. Carol received her medical degree from Loma Linda University and completed an ob-gyn residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, California. She completed a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology at Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia. Since 1992 she has practiced in many professional settings, including full-time university faculty, solo private practice, clinic and group practice, large county teaching hospital, and locum tenens (relief work).
While continuing to practice medicine, she completed an MDiv (master of divinity) and then a DMin (doctor of ministry) degree from Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma, focusing on Christian leadership. She subsequently founded Dr. Carol Ministries as a nonprofit Christian ministry dedicated to helping people discover the full and free life that Jesus came to give each one of us.
Dr. Carol and her husband, Al Tanksley, have been producing radio programs since 2009. She also enjoys speaking to church groups, women’s groups, and doctors-in-training, among others.
Dr. Carol and Al make their home in Austin, Texas, where she enjoys being Grandma Carol to four wonderful grandchildren.
And check our ABOUT page for more about me.
I love hearing from you!
Your best bet for getting in touch with me is using the Contact Us page here. I make no guarantees, but I do my best to answer each inquiry personally as soon as possible. Hearing your questions and comments is a huge part of what makes this effort worth it.
If you are a member of the press looking for a bio, photos, etc., this Media Kit may help. Otherwise, feel free to contact me.