Don’t Get Over It; Get Through It.
The apostle Paul said believers do not grieve in the same way as those who do not have hope (1 Thess. 4:13). But that doesn’t mean we don’t or shouldn’t grieve.
This book explores the difference in the believer’s grieving process, showing you what a healthy process looks like and how you can embrace God’s comfort.
Having experienced the death of her husband, Peters-Tanksley speaks from a physician’s, minister’s, and personal perspective, addressing:
- How to deal with the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of grief.
- How grief affects one’s relationship with God and others.
- How the hope of eternity helps in the journey through grief.
- How you can take the necessary steps toward healing.
Don’t get stuck in the pain. Discover your unique path through the grieving process, and learn to embrace hope even while experiencing loss.
Copyright: Dr Carol Peters-Tanksley, 2019, Charisma House Publishers
Table of Contents
- Grief as a Journey
- It Hurts. A Lot!
- Doing the Next Thing
- Healthy and Unhealthy Grieving
- Do Not Grieve Alone
- So Much Stuff
- Death Is Not Normal
- Why, God?
- Complications of Grief
- Ambushes of Grief
- Choosing to Heal
- Debunking Myths About Death
- Moving Forward Without Your Loved One
- The Hope of Heaven
What Others Are Saying
The Christian’s Journey Through Grief is a travelogue of the soul written by a practicing physician and highly trained minister. It beautifully depicts in an inspiring and instructive way the author’s encounter with loss, engagement with grief, and celebration of hope. A doctor of ministry and a doctor of medicine, Dr. Carol Peters-Tanksley informs, instructs, and pastors her readers with a sound, biblical understanding of death and dying and deep insights into the workings of human body, mind, and spirit. The Christian’s Journey Through Grief is a must-read for individuals facing loss and grief, and those who wish to minister to them.
– Thomson K. Mathew, DMin, EdD., Professor Emeritus and Former Dean, College of Theology and Ministry, Oral Roberts University
Sooner or later we will all find ourselves facing a season of grief. Dr. Carol’s book The Christian’s Journey Through Grief is written for the person who is in the wake of despair that often follows loss. This book will help lead readers out of what Dr. Carol calls “the dark valley of grief” and into the healing and growth that comes through God. Our hope is in Jesus, and Dr. Carol uses His teachings to help us find strength in troubled times.
– Joe Champion, Senior Pastor, Celebration Church, Georgetown, TX
Speaking from both personal and professional experience, Dr. Carol presents a practical and compassionate discussion of the journey through grief that offers understanding, help, and hope. I highly recommend her work for anyone who is trying to recover from an experience of loss.
– Bill Buker, DMin, PhD, LPC, Associate Dean, Graduate School of Theology and Ministry, Oral Roberts University